Apps of the document type are used for creating documents in QuickBPM, for example, agreements, leave requests, invoices and so on.
In QuickBPM you can store and register documents, use search, and set up document routes with business processes both in apps and workspaces. With statuses, it is easy to track the lifecycle of any document.
Here is an example of how a document is displayed in the system:
Creating a document-type app
Please note that only users included in the Administrators group can create document-type apps.
Go to any workspace and click Add App in the left menu.
Click Create in the provided window.
Fill in the provided form:
- App Name – the name of the app that will be shown in the left menu.
- App URL – the URL for quick access to the app. The URL is created automatically, but you can change it if you wish to.
- Item Name – the name of the button for adding new app items.
- Type – select Document.
- Visibility – specify, who will be able to see the app in the left menu. You can change these settings later, if necessary.
- Visible to everyone – the app will be available to all the users.
- Only to administrators – the app will be available only to users included in the Administrators group.
- App Icon – the icon helps users quickly find the app in the left menu.
View – select the layout of app items.
Click Create. A form will open where you can set up the document page.
The default File field on the form cannot be deleted because it will store the file containing the document. QuickBPM supports multiple file formats.
To add more fields, drag them from the right panel onto the main area of the form. You can read more about types of fields and their settings in the following articles: System data types, App page forms.
To do that, click Advanced Mode in the form settings window.
Read more about setting up forms in the advanced mode here: Configuring forms in advanced mode.
Creating an app item
It is convenient to store documents of one type in one app. For example, the Invoices app stores all the company's invoices. Each document that belongs to an app is an app item.
To add a new app item, click the green button in the top right corner of the app page. The name of this button depends on the app settings.
In the provided window, add a file with a document and fill in the fields on the right panel. The set of these fields is defined when creating the app and may vary for different document types.
You can add buttons and instructions to an app of the document type like to a standard app. You can read more about it in this article. Please note that only users included in the Administrators group can manage these settings.