A business process model (diagram) describes all the actions that employees must perform in order to achieve a specific goal of the company. The description is done with such graphic elements as swimlanes, tasks, events, gateways, notifications.
Process diagrams modeled in QuickBPM are executable. This means that all tasks, notifications, etc., will be automatically assigned to the relevant employees at the right stage.
How to create a new process
Please note that only users included in the Administrators group can model processes.
To create a business process diagram, go to Administration > Business Processes. In the upper right corner, click on the + Process button.
In the pop-up window, fill in the fields and click Create. The Process designer will open in which you can model your company's business processes.
Process Designer Page
At the top of the page there are 5 tabs:
- Flow Chart - a graphical model (diagram) of the process.
- Context - variables used in the process.
- Form templates — templates of task and event forms created for this process.
- Scripts – все сценарии, используемые в данном процессе;
Settings - general process settings: start settings, name template, instance page form, API
There is the top designer toolbar under the tabs.
- Save - The process diagram will be saved as a draft, while the published process will not be modified.
- Check - The process diagram will be checked for logical errors. If the diagram contains errors, a warning will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Publish - The program can only execute published processes. Make sure to publish the process every time you modify it. Saved, but not published changes will not be available to users during the execution of the business process.
- Debug - During debugging, the process operations are run step by step in real time. You can check the process logic, make sure that the task forms are created correctly, and test all the scripts.
- Run - The process will be started. You might use this option to check and debug the process.
- Undo - Undo the last action.
- Redo - Repeat the last undone action.
- Edit - Use this button to move the modeling sheet and add items to the diagram.
- Select - Use this button to select multiple items in the diagram.
On the right side of the page, there is a panel with graphical elements that are used for the process modeling.
Standard elements tab:
System elements tab:
- Manage status
- Create app item
- Assign value
- Generate from template;
- Send document/app item;
- New approval;
- End approval.
The Integration tab displays integrations with external systems.