In QuickBPM, a Kanban board helps you monitor the progress of a business process. For example, you can see how many orders are being processed and check the stage of each order at the current moment.
Using Kanban board
First, create a business process that will describe the app's behavior. For example, the process for the Order app may include all the steps that the employees make from processing the order to delivering it to the customer.
Next, set up statuses and add them to the process. Possible statuses of an order are "Pending", "Awaiting Shipment", "Shipped", "Delivered" and "Cancelled".
As the process is executed, the status of the order changes automatically and moves to the next column of the Kanban board from left to write.
Setting up Kanban board
Open the app page. In the top right corner select the Kanban Board layout.
Each column represents a certain app status. The columns representing final statuses have a different background color.
As the business process is executed, the app item's status changes and it is moved accordingly on the Kanban board.
You can expand the item tiles to see full information.
If the manual change of statuses is enabled, users can drag and drop the items from one column to another, and their statuses will change accordingly. However, we recommend avoiding such settings for better control and transparency.
Please note that only users with permissions to edit app items can drag and drop the items on the board.
Kanban board settings
To manage settings of the board, click the gear icon in the top right corner of the app page and select Board settings.
In the settings window, you can set up the board and the tiles.
- List width - select the width of the board's columns.
- Sort - select if the items will be sorted by name, zip code, the date they were created, author, the date they were changed, change author, the date they were deleted or status. By default, the items are sorted by the date they were created. Next, choose if the items must be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- Check the Show system information box if you want the tiles to feature additional information about the author and the date the item was created.
- By default, the tiles are collapsed. If you want them to be expanded, check the Expand box.
- Expand tiles - select the fields that will be shown when a tile is expanded. There are three fields selected by default, you can change them by selecting a different property from the list.
If you need to add more fields, click +Field and then select the required property from the list. Please note that these fields will be applied to all the items of the current app.
To delete a field, click the minus sign to the right of its name.
After you have set up all the fields, click Save.